Determining where you are going to put the product when choosing laminate, should be in part done by determining which AC Rating you are going to want to employ.
“AC Rating,” deals with the Laminate Floor’s resistance to wear. As can be expected, the greater durability is reflected by higher numbers.
The chart below reflects AC Ratings Of Laminate Flooring Products:
- AC 5 – Most durable, can handle heavy commercial traffic.
- AC 4 – All home traffic use and light commercial use.
- AC 3 – Used in home areas where there is high foot traffic, such as in hallways or foyers.
- AC 2 – For areas in the home with a “medium” amount of traffic.
- AC 1 – Typically used where there is “light” foot traffic such as in bedrooms.
Once you have an idea of the AC Rating you are going to choose, you can determine which Texture you want.
The four most prominent textures are:
- High Gloss – Resists Dents and Scratches, providing a “Mirror-Like Finish.”
- Hand-scraped – Gives the appearance of a real Hand-scraped Hardwood Floor, thought is not actually Hand-scraped.
- Embossed in Register (EIR) – Simulates the natural look of real Hardwood Flooring.
- Embossed – A general, all-over texture.
The last “category” you will want to consider regarding laminate flooring is Thickness. For the most part, Laminate Flooring comes in five Thicknesses:
- 12 mil
- 10 mil
- 8 mil
- 7 mil
- 6 mil
As you would expect, the thicker the ‘plank’ the more expensive the Laminate Flooring.
As you search for Laminate Flooring and Installation, please give us a call to establish a Free, No Obligation Consultation either at our flooring showroom or at your home or office. We assure you that there will be absolutely no high-pressure sales tactics, and that you will be thrilled with the selection you will have to choose from! We here at BRANDI CARPET, LLC know that our flooring products are of excellent craftsmanship, and our custom designs are unequaled by any other Carpet Store in Glendale or the surrounding Phoenix AZ Area.
When choosing Laminate Flooring you may discover that you will want to research it in greater detail, especially if you are contemplating installing new flooring and Laminate Flooring may be one of your choices. If that is the case, contact Chris Brown of BRANDI CARPET at 602-475-0931 or firstname.lastname@example.org. He and his staff will be more than happy to provide you with all the pertinent information you will need regarding this topic!!
To learn more about BRANDI CARPET (click here)