When it comes to GOING “GREEN” AND PHOENIX CARPETING, the question ‘why’ has a myriad of answers.
Those answers include:
- They are not as expensive as you may think – – often “coming in” at as little as $2 per sq ft.
- It makes your home healthier, as it does not include Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Utilizing renewable materials will cut down on landfill waste.
- The selection of textures and colors is larger than most people may think.
“With all of those reasons/advantages,” Brown noted, “it is a wonder that everyone isn’t buying bio-based materials. There are, however, several major obstacles.”
Three of those “major obstacles” are:
- Price/Performance ratio is not as low as it is for petroleum-based products used for carpets.
- Especially in areas with heavy traffic, durability of bio-based materials just isn’t comparable to petroleum based.
- While, by definition, bio-friendly carpets are made from sustainable products, the amount of time/space necessary to allow those materials to “re-generate” is contrary to the kind of mass production that would allow everyone to “go green” with their carpet.
I would suggest that if you do go the route of Eco-Friendly Carpet that you keep a few things in mind:
- Check labels to ensure that the product has been tested by the Carpet and Rug Institutes (CRI) Indoor Air Quality testing program.
- Avoid carpet pads using styrene or butadiene rubber – – use felt pads instead!
- If you must use glue, make sure it is a low-emitting, non-solvent adhesive.
- Be SURE to recycle your old carpet!
When it comes to GOING “GREEN” AND PHOENIX CARPETING you may discover that you will want to research in greater detail. If that is the case, contact Chris Brown of BRANDI CARPET at 602-475-0931 or email@example.com. He and his staff will be more than happy to provide you with all the pertinent information you will need regarding this issue!!
To learn more about BRANDI CARPET (click here)